[Corpora-List] spoof email

Jim Fidelholtz fidelholtz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 16:48:51 UTC 2010

Hi, everyone,

I apologize for the inconveniences of the last couple of days. In case you
haven't figured it out yet, my email was hijacked (from some place in the
US, to judge by the login address). I appreciate all your messages wishing
me the best and offering help, but I am safe and sound in my home in Mexico
and for now have enough food, etc. (if you want to donate to Haiti relief or
send cement to Chile to plug up the mine in my name, by all means do so,
though; any contributions to world peace also accepted). Thank God they
didn't include a bank account number, as apparently has happened in some
similar cases in the past.

I think I have fixed the problems, and except for losing a substantial
number of emails apparently deleted from my inbox by the hackers and having
to resubscribe to a couple of lists they unsubscribed me from, I'm little
the worse for the experience (probably not much wiser, either, though I hope
a little bit). This ad-hoc distribution list was fashioned principally from
those who responded to me answering messages sent by the hackers (they later
changed my address to 'ymail', hoping no one would notice). In any case,
please disregard any future such messages purporting to be from me. (I just
hope I never really get mugged in London!)

Jim

--
James L. Fidelholtz
Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje