[Corpora-List] Most common Spanish words

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Mon Oct 25 15:22:22 UTC 2010

Olga,
For Spanish and many other languages, you can get frequency lists from the
Sketch Engine, http://www.sketchengine.co.uk

Available to all SkE users now:
arabic, chinese, croatian, dutch, english, estonian, french, german, greek,
hebrew, hindi, italian, japanese, persian, portuguese, romanian, russian,
serbian, slovene, spanish, swedish, telugu, thai, vietnamese, welsh

Available by special request (still in development or for other reasons)
bengali, bulgarian, czech, danish, finnish, indonesian, irish, kannada,
korean, latvian, lithuanian, malayalam, malaysian, maltese, norwegian,
polish, swahili, tamil, urdu, turkish

(Not just word frequency lists but a full set of corpus functionalities;
lemmatised lists available in some cases; lists by word class in some
cases.)

If there is a language you'd like to add, or you are an expert on available
language technology tools (tokenisers, lemmatisers, POS-taggers) for croatian,
persian, serbian, telugu, thai, welsh, bengali, danish, finnish, indonesian,
kannada, latvian, lithuanian, malayalam, malaysian, korean, swahili, tamil,
urdu, or turkish
 and would like to collaborate, do get in touch.

With thanks to the many collaborators who we have worked with to date on the
language-specific technologies.

Adam

On 25 October 2010 15:47, Olga Kolesnikova <kolesolga at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a handy link to common Spanish words and their
> frequencies?
>
> Olga Kolesnikova
> PhD Student in Computational Linguistics
> National Polytecnic Institute, Mexico

Adam Kilgarriff
http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk
Lexical Computing Ltd                   http://www.sketchengine.co.uk