[Corpora-List] Quotation (lexicography) - "as many senses"

Tad Piotr tad46ster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 16:43:16 UTC 2010

Ramesh,
I do not think the statement "a word has as many senses as
translations" is true, because translation is dependent on the
language into which you translate. And you do not translate words but
texts with words, which means that the number of possible translations
is huge, perhaps even infinite.
Best wishes,
Tadeusz

Tadeusz Piotrowski