[Corpora-List] PRELIMINARY ANNOUNCEMENT: Aston Corpus Summer School AUG 1st-5th 2011 - see http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/SummerSchool.html

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Fri Apr 1 12:03:01 UTC 2011

Hi all

I am very pleased to announce that the Aston Corpus Summer School
*WILL* take place in 2011 after all.  :)

The dates have been fixed for Mon 1st August to Friday 5th August.

Since my recent retirement from a full-time lectureship at Aston, and my appointment
as Visiting Academic Fellow, discussions have been taking place about all the Aston Corpus
Events. This is the first outcome.  If all goes well, I hope to resume the other events in 2012.

Please keep checking http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/SummerSchool.html from now on,
where details of the Aston Corpus Summer School, including a programme description,
a registration form, the fees for 2011, and accommodation information, will be available soon.

Best
Ramesh

Ramesh Krishnamurthy
Visiting Academic Fellow, School of Languages and Social Sciences, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET
Room: NX01. Tel: 0121-204-3812.
Director, ACORN (Aston Corpus Network project): http://acorn.aston.ac.uk/
Project Investigator, GeWiss project: http://www1.aston.ac.uk/lss/research/research-projects/gewiss-spoken-academic-discourse/