[Corpora-List] All English Text Messaging Corpus?

chris brew cbrew at acm.org
Mon Apr 11 17:59:56 UTC 2011

This request has (rightly, I think) produced a lot of discussion and
interest. Can you further specify
what you mean by the rider about "not a collection..."? I can see two main
possibilities:

- the messages can be personal in nature, but should come from and go to a
wide range
  of participants, not just one person or a small group.

- the messages should not be personal in nature. In that case I have (like
several other
  members of this forum) a failure of imagination about what kinds of text
message these
  could possibly be.

Which is it? Or is there another interpretation?

Chris