[Corpora-List] Community-driven corpus building

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Mon Apr 18 16:08:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, John Burger <john at mitre.org> wrote:

> To be fair, their FAQ says this:
>
> > Ok, I want to add a public mailing list. Tell me how.
> >
> > If you have any doubts about whether the mailing list wants to be
> > carried by Gmane, ask the people on the mailing list first. Or at
> > least the mailing list administrator. Then you fill out the
> > subscription page.

On the contrary that should read "only the mailing list
administrator/owner can request their list be added."

The gmane administrator has no doubts. He neither checks that the polite
step has already been done nor bothers to do it himself. The presumption
is someone requesting an arbitrary list be added to gmane has no doubts.

Regards, Trevor

<>< Re: deemed!