[Corpora-List] CFPs: Special issue of BMC Bioinformatics on BioNLP Shared Task 2011

Jin-Dong Kim jdkim at dbcls.rois.ac.jp
Thu Aug 4 13:57:41 UTC 2011

CALL FOR PAPERS

  Special issue of BMC Bioinformatics on BioNLP Shared Task 2011

We are delighted to announce that there will be a special issue of
BMC Bioinformatics on the BioNLP Shared Task (BioNLP-ST) 2011.

BMC Bioinformatics is a premier open-access journal for BioNLP
research with an Impact Factor of 3.03 and indexed by PubMed,
Scopus, ACM and Thomson Reuters (ISI) among others.

We would like to invite submissions of extended versions of
BioNLP-ST 2011 workshop papers. Submissions must include
at least 25% substantial previously unpublished content.

We also extend the invitation to contributions from those who did not
participate, or participated but did not finish the BioNLP-ST 2011 tasks.

For details on BioNLP-ST 2011, please refer to the task homepage:

  http://www.bionlp-st.org

All submissions will undergo full peer review by 3 reviewers. We expect
that 7-8 papers to be selected to be included in the special issue based on
the reviews.

When preparing your manuscript, please follow the author guidelines of
BMC Bioinformatics:

  http://www.biomedcentral.com/bmcbioinformatics/ifora/

Please note also the following:
* The submissions should NOT be made using the general BMC
submissions site, but through a special issue submission site that
will be available shortly.
* For accepted papers, the authors have to be prepared to pay
the online publication charge, which will be approximately GBP 900
per paper. The price includes all online production charges, hosting
and maintenance of the online publication indefinitely by BMC.

To expedite the review process, we ask all those planning to
submit a manuscript to submit an extended abstract (max.
one page) prior to the primary manuscript submission.
The extended abstract is considered a notification of intent to
submit and will only be used to coordinate reviews; it will not be
considered in review of the manuscript.

IMPORTANT DATES

Sep. 23 Extended abstract submission
Sep. 30 Manuscript submission

SPECIAL ISSUE EDITORS

Jin-Dong Kim, Database Center for Life Science (DBCLS)
Sampo Pyysalo, University of Manchester and National Centre for Text
Mining (NaCTeM)
Claire Nédellec, National Institute for Agricultural Research (INRA)
Sophia Ananiadou, University of Manchester and National Centre for
Text Mining (NaCTeM)
Jun'ichi Tsujii,, Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA)