[Corpora-List] minimal changes in a paragraph (based on a corpus it appeared) ... (2nd attempt (after first one was deleted))

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:37:51 UTC 2011

 Hi Bill et al,
~
> The similarity of paragraphs will hinge upon their argument and logic.
~
 The thing is (of course, as I see it) that texts' paragraphs don't
have an argument on logic defining them. As Paul Grice (very rightly
indeed) pointed out to those trying to reduce text interpretations to
("their") "logic". Also the interpretation of any text (as medium to a
communicative form) will always be intersubjective.
~
~
> So: (1) Take the paragraph you want to use and REPLACE all vocabulary words
> with WILDCARDS and search for those strings in a reference corpus;
> (2) You may have difficulty finding a search engine that allows this;
> (3) You will need to break up your search into shorter strings in order to
> prevent the machine from gagging on whole paragraphs, but this will reward
> you by showing up slight variations. (4) Questions of entailment will be
> cross-verifying and will assist in isolating the structure of type of
> logical event involved.
~
 I think the best we could do is try an exhaustive syntactic approach,
but I will read through your approach
~
> ... 'Para por y sobre Luis Quereda'. Published in Spain by University for Granada Press ~
 Is this it?
~
 "http://www.ugr.es/~dmadrid/Publicaciones/Contexto social y
rendimiento_L Quereda.pdf"