[Corpora-List] father Roberto Busa

John F. Sowa sowa at bestweb.net
Fri Aug 12 01:14:02 UTC 2011

On 8/11/2011 5:47 PM, Passarotti Marco Carlo wrote:
> The field of corpus and computational linguistics lost one
> of his pioneers. We will all miss him so much.

Yes, I remember hearing him talk about the Index Thomisticus
at a workshop held in connection with the LSA Summer Institute
at the University of Illinois in 1969.

Coincidentally, Joe Raben, who received the Busa prize in 2010,
was also at that workshop.

Other notable events that occurred during that institute
included the landing of the first man on the moon -- but
that event was held "off site" so to speak.

John