[Corpora-List] Hacked email accounts (Bill Louw)

Alexander Yeh asy at mitre.org
Fri Aug 19 01:05:26 UTC 2011

The email may or may not have come from Bill Louw's account.
I do know that when I sending emails to somebody in a particular country,
I start getting spam/scam email from that country (typically in that
country's commonly used language). So I have a funny feeling that email
fields are often read by people other than the intended recipients.
I have heard that the "from" field can be faked, at least to a certain
extent.

Hope this helps
-Alex (spammed in over a dozen different languages, most of which he
cannot read)