[Corpora-List] Hacked email accounts (Bill Louw)

Susana M. Sotillo sotillos at mail.montclair.edu
Sun Aug 28 20:00:37 UTC 2011

> As I said, this is just my hypothesis.  But it is a simpler,
> and I believe more likely, explanation than suspecting that
> some government agency was involved with the transfer of data
> from your old phone to the new one.
>
> John

I never meant to imply that any government agency was involved with the transfer of data from my old phone (a not-so-old phone) to the new iPhone.  I was merely thinking along the lines that there might be software that identifies (and saves) information (phone #s, addresses, license plates) belonging to individuals serving in any of the branches of the Armed Forces.  Incidentally, her home addresses and various phone #s and email addresses were sent from a Treo years ago.