[Corpora-List] eLex 2011 CONFERENCE REPORT

Iztok Kosem iztok.kosem at trojina.si
Mon Dec 12 08:32:10 UTC 2011

Apologies for multiple postings...
------------

eLex 2011 CONFERENCE REPORT

eLex 2011 - eLexicography in the 21st century: New applications for new users
Bled, Slovenia, 10-12 November, 2011
conference website: http://www.trojina.si/elex2011
organized by: Trojina, Institute for Applied Slovene Studies

The conference attracted 100 participants from around the world. New dictionaries, tools, and resources were presented, and current topics and issues in electronic lexicography were discussed, such as dictionary customization for individual users, user-generated content, and how to keep dictionary-making business profitable with (free) online dictionaries. Another hot topic, addressed at the round table, was how dictionaries of the future will look like and if they will still be called dictionaries.

You can **WATCH** the keynote talks, the round table and some of the presentations by visiting http://videolectures.net/elex2011_bled.

The conference **PROCEEDINGS** are now available at http://www.trojina.si/elex2011/Vsebine/proceedings.html where you can download the entire volume or individual papers.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank our sponsors, the keynote speakers, the participants, and the members of the scientific committee for contributing to the success of the conference.

Iztok Kosem (in the name of the eLex 2011 organizing committee)

dr. Iztok Kosem
Director
Trojina, Institute for Applied Slovene Studies
Cesta v Kleče 16
1000 Ljubljana
Slovenia
www.trojina.si<http://www.trojina.si/>