[Corpora-List] EmoText - Software for opinion mining and lexical affect sensing

Justin Washtell lec3jrw at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 15:11:58 UTC 2011

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the very attentive and informative response. There is no doubt that this is a tough problem area, and I have absolute respect for anybody working towards a solution. Of course, without having yet read your publications I cannot fully appreciate the gains that you have made. But I think therein lies the point I was really alluding to...

The demos as they presently stand seem at odds with the very strongly worded "sales pitch" of your site. Partly perhaps because they are difficult for the non-technical user to understand, and partly perhaps because of they are so easily thwarted. No doubt this performance is indeed hampered by some of the limitations you have just identified, but you do present them as a product rather than as a work-in-progress.

Might it be better to put these particular demos on a more honest and informative site aimed at a technical/academic audience (i.e. where you can freely to acknowledge their limitations). And then - while I am somewhat loath to encourage it - you could conjure up something that is a little more "on rails" for your business site?

Justin Washtell
University of Leeds