[Corpora-List] EmoText - Software for opinion mining and lexical affect sensing

Alexander Osherenko osherenko at gmx.de
Sat Dec 17 10:14:47 UTC 2011

I didn't invent this world. I only observe it. The system to sentiment
analysis mustn't be perfect but comprehensible. The main idea of my
contribution was an announcement of a real-life system to sentiment
analysis that can be applied to real scenarios. The system relies on
scientific findings in my phd thesis; it works and the results are not that
bad. They could be better and I also describe in the thesis how they can be
improved. It's up to you, you can ignore them and loose time.

To my knowledge, the statistical engine summarizes many findings of
statistical processing that I read about during preparation of my thesis
and adds much more. The same applies to semantic engine. With some
imagination the issues of vague interpretation can be explained or
neglected. I also described a hybrid approach and a fusion approach that
combine both engines and can be considered in future. AO