[Corpora-List] WordNet 1.7 pre-release (Senseval-2)

Tristan Miller miller at tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 21 11:14:46 UTC 2011

Greetings.

I'm interested in using the English data sets from Senseval-2, available
from <http://86.188.143.199/senseval2/Results/guidelines.htm>.  These
corpora are annotated with sense keys from what is described in the
documentation as a "pre-release version of WordNet 1.7".  From examining
the sense keys it's clear that they are compatible with neither WordNet
1.6 nor WordNet 1.7.

Does anyone know if/where it is possible to obtain this pre-release
version of WordNet 1.7, or better yet, a mapping between the sense keys
for the pre-release version and those of any published version of WordNet?
 I have read recent research papers where the authors use the English data
sets from Senseval-2 so I suppose they must have had access to this
pre-release WordNet (otherwise their results wouldn't make any sense).

I've checked various WordNet mapping sets (namely, the official WordNet
ones, Rada Mihalcea's mappings, and the UPC mappings) but none of them
contain mappings to or from this 1.7 pre-release.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Miller, Doctoral Researcher | Tel: +49 6151 16 6166
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab | Fax: +49 6151 16 5455
Department of Computer Science      | miller at tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Technische Universität Darmstadt    | http://www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de/