[Corpora-List] Call for Slavic Computational Linguistics: Computational Approaches to Slavic Languages

Damir Cavar dcavar at indiana.edu
Fri Dec 23 06:25:35 UTC 2011

Slavic Computational Linguistics:
Computational Approaches to Slavic Languages
10-11 May 2012
Bloomington, Indiana

Co-located with:
- Formal Approaches to Slavic Linguistics (FASL 21), 11-13 May 2012
- Workshop in Slavic Linguistics, 14-17 May 2012

Call for Papers:

Abstracts are invited for 30-minute presentations (plus 10 minutes for
discussion) on topics dealing with digital language resources, corpora,
language technologies and computational linguistics for Slavic
languages. With their morphological richness and varying freeness of
word order, the Slavic languages present unique challenges for
computational processing, and we seek submissions investigating these
issues. In particular, we welcome work on (annotated) language corpora
and language technology for any Slavic language (POS tagging, parsing,
WSD, NLP applications, etc.).

Abstracts are limited to two pages and should be anonymous. Abstract
submissions should be made via the EasyAbstracts (The LINGUIST List):

http://bit.ly/t81HmP

Presenters will be able to submit final papers to a special volume of
the Journal of Slavic Linguistics (JSL).

Abstracts must be received by 15 February 2012. The program should be
available by 15 March 2012.

For questions on the CL session, contact
slaviccl2012 at googlegroups.com(see http://bit.ly/rYSl64 ).

General FASL Organizing Committee:

Muamera Begovic <mbegovic at indiana.edu>
George Fowler <gfowler at indiana.edu>
Steven Franks <franks at indiana.edu>
Markus Dickinson <md7 at indiana.edu>
Melissa Witcombe <mwitcomb at indiana.edu>
Ksenia Zanon <kzanon at indiana.edu>

Additional Computational Approaches to Slavic Languages Organizing
Committee:

Markus Dickinson <md7 at indiana.edu>
Damir Cavar <dcavar at indiana.edu>

--