[Corpora-List] Content Management System for corpus coding

Dominic Glennon dglennon at cambridge.org
Fri Jul 8 15:12:08 UTC 2011

Hi, we're looking for a Content Management System or similar to manage the
coding of our corpora. Broadly, the system will have to have most if not
all of the following requirements:

- ability to store and manage a large number of XML documents with version
control of each document
- built-in workflow management (batching of documents, assigning to users
for editing, locking, checking etc)
- editing (coding) capabilities (or ability to interface with an existing
XML editing tool)
- reporting features, in-built facility to produce statistics
(word-counts, document counts etc) along a wide range of parameters
- ideally some sort of programming 'shell' allowing us to do bespoke
processing on the data

I'd be very grateful if anyone who is aware of such systems, or has used
or adapted off-the-shelf software to do this, could let me have some
details about the software, and also a brief analysis off its strengths
and weaknesses if appropriate. I'll collate responses and feed back to the
list.

Many thanks,

Dominic Glennon
Systems Manager
Cambridge University Press
01223 325595

Search the web's favourite learner dictionaries for free at Cambridge
Dictionaries Online:
<http://dictionary.cambridge.org>