[Corpora-List] Which Statistical Test is Suitable

Nizar Habash habash at cs.columbia.edu
Sat Jul 16 14:10:40 UTC 2011

Hi, you may want to check out this publication on learning such alternation phenomena in Urdu from parallel data. Although the paper title mentions morphology, the technique covers orthographic variations.

Nizar Habash & Hayden Metsky: Automatic learning of morphological variations for handling out-of-vocabulary terms in Urdu-English machine translation.AMTA-2008. MT at work: Proceedings of the Eighth Conference of the Association for Machine Translation in the Americas, Waikiki, Hawai’i, 21-25 October 2008; pp.107-116.

Here is a link to it:
http://www.mt-archive.info/AMTA-2008-Habash.pdf

Regards
Nizar