[Corpora-List] Off-the-shelf coreference packages

Leon Derczynski leon at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Mon Jul 18 17:24:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

What off-the-shelf coreference resolution packages would you recommend? So far I have Arkref,
Stanford coref and BART working, and all seem to produce unsatisfactory results too often to be
useful in practice. Is this characteristic of the state of the art?

The text that I am trying to process is plaintext English newswire, and the entity types that I am
most interested in resolving correctly are people and organisations. However currently at least one
major actor per document appears to be incorrectly conflated with another entity; the president of
the USA with an aircraft carrier, or "sanctions" with a country. Any tips or links to downlaodable
systems would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,

Leon

--