[Corpora-List] Sentiment Analysis Tools and Corpora

Alexandra Balahur abalahur at dlsi.ua.es
Thu Jul 21 13:56:45 UTC 2011

Dear Roman,

another corpus you may use is the "Sentiment-annotated quotation set"
(http://langtech.jrc.it/JRC_Resources.html), in which sentiment is
labeled at the level of snippets of reported speech extracted from
newspaper articles.

The motivation for annotating this test set is described in:

Balahur Alexandra & Ralf Steinberger (2009). Rethinking sentiment
analysis in the news: from theory to practice and back. 'Workshop on
Opinion Mining and Sentiment Analysis' (WOMSA), held at the 2009
CAEPIA-TTIA 13th Conference of the Spanish Association for Artificial
Intelligence, pp. 1-12. Sevilla, Spain, 13.11.2009. Available from:
http://langtech.jrc.ec.europa.eu/Documents/09_WOMSA-WS-Sevilla_Sentiment-Def_printed.pdf

The test set was used in the experiments described in:
Balahur Alexandra, Ralf Steinberger, Mijail Kabadjov, Vanni Zavarella,
Erik van der Goot, Matina Halkia, Bruno Pouliquen & Jenya Belyaeva
(2010). Sentiment Analysis in the News. In: Proceedings of the 7th
International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation
(LREC'2010), pp. 2216-2220. Valletta, Malta, 19-21 May 2010.

We will soon release a similar corpus for German.

Additionally, Ester Boldrini and I can send you the EmotiBlog corpus,
which is described in the paper: "EmotiBlog: a finer-grained and more
precise learning of subjectivity
expression models" by E. Boldrini, A. Balahur, P. Martínez-Barco, A.
Montoyo and which you can find at:
http://aclweb.org/anthology-new/W/W10/W10-1801.pdf

I hope this helps.

Best regards,