[Corpora-List] Access to FrameNet 1.5 data

Yannick Versley versley at sfs.uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jul 25 21:29:20 UTC 2011

Dear Ken,

My current favorite way of dealing with XML files (at least in Java, where
DOM
access is not as effortless as in dynamic languages) is to use tools that
take
an XSD schema and create source code to read and represent these structures,
e.g. XMLBeans, or JAXB's jxc. There's a similar thing for C++
http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/
<http://www.codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/>which I've never tried on
anything serious, but looks quite useful to me.

(There are some fuzzy edges where a particular XML schema with
exotic features is not supported by a tool - hopefully, tool support and
the XML formats people write will converge towards some useful
standard set of features).

Best,
Yannick