[Corpora-List] Iranian (Persian) texts in Latin lettrs?

Jon Dehdari jonsafari at ling.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jul 29 23:41:08 UTC 2011

Hello Yuri,
Given your background, you should first look at Tajik texts.  Tajik is a
variety of Persian that uses the Cyrillic script.  The phonological
differences between Tajik, Dari (Afghanistan), and Iranian Persian are
illustrated here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_phonology#Historical_shifts

At any rate, here are some Iranian Persian corpora that have been
transliterated into the Latin script:
http://ling.ohio-state.edu/~jonsafari/corpora

Since these have been (1-to-1) transliterated, rather than Romanized,
they might not serve you very well in your phonological
investigations.

Best,
-Jon Dehdari