[Corpora-List] Query about Internet corpora (different text types)

Christine Amling chamling at students.uni-mainz.de
Thu Jun 2 23:03:48 UTC 2011

Hello everyone.
My name is Christine Amling and I am a master's student at the
university of Mainz. At the moment I am working on my master's paper
which is about the distribution and usage of the so-called "New
Quotative" be like in Internet contexts
(http://martina.lampert-mainz.de/belike.php ) and for this purpose I
need an Internet corpus. The study aims to analyze different text types
and at the moment I want to look at message boards, Twitter, IRC chat
and blogs. If possible also Instant Messaging, but access is restricted.
My problem is that I don't find any valid IRC chat data and I was
wondering if there is already an existing corpus about that, but in
general I would be thankful for all kinds of information anybody has on
Internet text types and registers. (Instant Messaging corpora would be
appreciated as well - I know that there is study from Jones & Schiefflin
2009, is there any way to access the corpus they used?)
Thank you very much
Christine

(I already sent this mail once, but from the wrong address. I hope this
one gets through. Thanks in advance for your patience.)