[Corpora-List] Language Acquisition

Mark Lybrand mlybrand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 04:19:02 UTC 2011

Okay, so this is probably not a "corpora" issue.  Forgive me please, as I
am an NLP piker.  The question that is plaguing me right now is if there is
any research in using AI to mimic language acquistion.  Rather, have there
been attempts made to create a rational agent that uses typical human
strategies to learn a new language. It would seem that such an approach
could be helpful in creating assistive technologies for learners of a
foreign language.  Can you guys steer me in the right direction?

Thanks. Feel free to just ignore me altogether if this is completely OT.

--
Mark :)