[Corpora-List] [CFP]"Language, Thought and Education", Zielona Gora (Poland)

Leszek Szymański l_sz at poczta.fm
Tue Nov 22 10:03:50 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues,

The Department of English Philology at the University of Zielona Gora announces:

THE SECOND INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON

LANGUAGE, THOUGHT AND EDUCATION:

exploring networks

held in Zielona Gora, Poland

on June 1, 2012

  1.. Subjects

We are interested in a wide range of subjects which refer to the studies of language and language-related issues. This year we would like to focus on exploring networks.

"Network" is a term with a broad meaning; within the scope of the conference it generally refers to the relationships and interactions among nodes in various fields, such as semantics, lexis, morphology, cognitive/cultural categories or language transfer and bilingualism. By 'exploring networks' we understand research studies which cast new light on the workings of [inter-] language systems, cross-cultural communication and the cognitive architecture of both language learners and
translators, as well as other interrelated systems which enable humans to communicate.

The language of the conference will be English.

  2.. Organizing committee

prof. Andrzej Ksenicz - the Committee President

Marek Kuczyński, Ph.D. - content supervisor

Leszek Szymański, Ph. D. - conference secretary

Dominik Karczmar - assistant

Zbigniew Zabawski - assistant

  3.. Conference venue

The conference will be held in the buildings of the University of Zielona Gora, campus B, al.Wojska Polskiego 69-71A

  4.. Important dates

Submission date: February, 29, 2012

Notification of acceptance: April, 30, 2012

Conference date: June 1, 2012

5. Conference fee

The conference fee is 250 zlotys (PLN). This will include conference materials, proceedings volume publication, coffee break(s). The account number will be announced.

6. Accommodation

The conference organizers do not offer any accommodation; however assistance in finding one might be provided upon request.

7. Conference proceedings

A proceedings volume is planned to be published. This will include the accepted, peer-reviewed papers.

8. Submission

Please submit your paper proposals and summaries (ca. 250 words) via EasyChair https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lte2012

9. Contact

Should you require any further information, please contact Leszek Szymański, Ph. D. L.Szymanski[at]in.uz.zgora.pl