[Corpora-List] Downloadable Finnish corpora?

Christian Chiarcos christian.chiarcos at web.de
Tue Nov 29 08:17:57 UTC 2011

Dear Laura,

you might want to take a look on the OPUS corpora
(http://opus.lingfil.uu.se) which include Europarl, technical
documentation, etc. Further, there is a biomedical corpus under
http://mars.cs.utu.fi/PPICorpora. And of course you can build your own web
corpus of Finnish with toolkits like Bootcat
(http://bootcat.sslmit.unibo.it). Finally, Project Gutenberg provides 631
titles in Finnish from which a corpus can be built easily
(http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/fi).

Best,
Christian