[Corpora-List] Job Opening: NLP Developer Job at Brandwatch

Xinglong Wang xinglong at brandwatch.com
Wed Feb 1 09:38:01 UTC 2012

Brandwatch is looking for an NLP developer.

Brandwatch is one of the world’s leading social media monitoring
applications. We help customers from all across the globe discover,
understand and respond to comments made about them on the web in real time.

We have built a team of the brightest developers and built our own web
crawler, text analysis engine and web-based user interface. Continuing
our rapid expansion we are looking for an NLP developer to join our
Analysis team. Working closely with the rest of the team and other
software developers, you will play an active role throughout the whole
development process.

Your duties will include:

1. Design and implement accurate and efficient software applications for
sentiment analysis and topic extraction
2. Analyse clients’ requirements and provide innovative solutions to
extract and organise information from textual data
3. Maintain and enhance the performance of our existing NLP systems

You should have:

1. PhD (or equivalent R&D experience) in Computational Linguistics or
Natural Language Processing
2. Good understanding of statistical approaches and machine learning
3. Good Java programming skills
4. Familiarity with Linux
5. Excellent communication skills in English

The following would be advantageous:

1. Experience with processing Web-scale data sets
2. Knowledge of other languages

Salary between £30k and £40k depending on skills and experience.

Perks

* Private health insurance
* Monthly and yearly bonuses
* Work on small projects of your choice every other Friday
* Great offices in central Brighton, with free drinks and snacks

Start date: ASAP.

Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter, including
salary expectations, to xinglong at brandwatch.com

STRICTLY NO AGENCIES

--

Xinglong Wang