[Corpora-List] Tambovtsev's Computational dialectometry

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Thu Feb 2 09:28:01 UTC 2012

Dear Corpora colleagues , I have computed the sound chains of some dialects in the Slavonic, Turkic and Finno-Ugric languages. After comparing their frequency characteristics by the Chi-square criterion, I discovered the typological distances between these dialects. Many of them were too different to be considered dialects, so I proposed to call them separate languages. Be well, Yuri  Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia.