[Corpora-List] QALD-2 Open Challenge on Question Answering over Linked Data

Christina Unger cunger at cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 6 17:07:48 UTC 2012

Dear all,

The QALD-2 Open Challenge on Question Answering over Linked Data is on!

Question answering systems of all kinds are invited to participate in
the shared task of processing natural language queries and retrieving
relevant answers from a given RDF dataset, thereby providing an in-depth
view of the strength, capabilities and current short-comings of existing
systems.

We provide two datasets: DBpedia 3.7 and MusicBrainz, which can either
be downloaded or accessed via a SPARQL endpoint. In addition, we provide
100 training questions for each dataset, annotated with corresponding
SPARQL queries and answers. Later, during test phase, participating
systems will be evaluated with respect to precision and recall on a set
of similar test questions. Submission of results will be possible via an
online form, which can also be used for checking evaluation results on
the training questions.

For detailed information as well as links to the datasets and training
questions, please check the  workshop website:
http://greententacle.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~cunger/qald/index.php?x=challenge&q=2
<http://greententacle.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/%7Ecunger/qald/index.php?x=challenge&q=2>

Although the competition is tailored towards question answering systems
based on natural language, we strongly encourage other relevant systems
and methods that can benefit from the evaluation datasets to also report
their results.

We wish you success and hope you have fun!
With best regards,
Christina Unger,
Philipp Cimiano,
Vanessa Lopez,