[Corpora-List] Post-Doctoral R&D: Machine learning over narratives

vogel at tcd.ie vogel at tcd.ie
Thu Feb 9 08:05:03 UTC 2012

[Apologies for Multiple Postings; Please pass on to colleagues and
students as appropriate.]

Machine Learning Researcher/Software Engineer Required for dynamic startup

PBOC Limited, a campus company of Trinity College Dublin, is looking
for a researcher with expertise in computational linguistics and
machine learning, to develop its Patient Journey Record product.  Our
system uses voice data from outbound calls and Artificial Intelligence
to facilitate HIGH-TOUCH, LOW-COST, HIGHLY-PREDICTIVE hospital
admission prevention. The role will involve identifying patterns in
patient narrative text, correlating them with other variables and
triggering appropriate actions.

The successful candidate will have a PhD in Computational Linguistics,
or a closely related discipline, such as Computer Science, with
demonstrable expertise in as many of the following as possible:
statistical analysis,
corpus linguistics,
sentiment analysis,
formal semantics,
machine learning.

The role requires an individual who is highly motivated, flexible,
with strong communication skills and a demonstrated proficiency in
software development.  If you see yourself as someone who enjoys
working in a startup environment, can contribute to engineering our
growth from an initial investment of approximately 500 thousand euro
to a multi-million euro turnover business, we would like to hear from
you.

Starting as soon as possible, the initial contract will be for 6
months. We offer all of the volatility that you can imagine in an
exciting startup opportunity, including the possibility that we will
cease trading.

About Us

PBOC has also been selected for the HealthBox Accelerator programme
www.healthboxaccellerator.com in Chicago. HealthBox is run by SandBox
ventures ranked by Forbes in the top 10 tech accelerators in the US.
Out of over 400 entries PBOC was the only non-US company
selected. HealthBox is helping position PBOC strongly for revenue
growth and Series A investment in Q2 2012. We have been featured in
TechCrunch, Web2Ireland, E-Health Insider amongst others.

Applications

Please send enquiries or applications with CV via email with Subject
Line "PBOC ML Position" to: Carl.Vogel at tcd.ie