[Corpora-List] Tools for batch conversion Word to UTF-8.

Hardie, Andrew a.hardie at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Feb 9 22:10:28 UTC 2012

Hi Josep,

The script itself is not particular to any version of Word (I tested it in Word2007 FWIW). The important question is whether the *version of Word you are using* is compatible with all your different docs. But fortunately, if you have an up-to-date version of Word, it will happily open docs created by that version or by any earlier versions.

HOWEVER, if you have both "doc" and "docx" formats, you will need to modify the string in the macro that specifies what files you want (e.g. to "*.doc*") to catch both forms of the file extension.

best

Andrew.