[Corpora-List] a worldwide word association test

William Fletcher fletcher at usna.edu
Thu Feb 16 19:09:31 UTC 2012

Ramesh, the subject of that study was Dutch, where there is usually less word class ambiguity than in English.
Exploring the networks at
http://www.kuleuven.be/semlab/interface/
I found almost no ambiguous associations (e.g. _eten_ verb 'to eat' / noun 'food', but in association with the cue word _vies_ 'dirty, disgusting' most likely the latter).  Even with ambiguous cue words like _rollen_ verb 'to roll' / noun 'rolls, 'roles', or _boeken_ verb 'to book' / noun 'books' the top 10 associations were unambiguous with regard to word class.
Regards,
Bill Fletcher