[Corpora-List] Pattern for Python

Tom De Smedt tom at organisms.be
Mon Feb 27 16:30:13 UTC 2012

For those interested in Python software, we just released Pattern 2.3:
http://www.clips.ua.ac.be/pages/pattern

The package bundles a diverse range of Python tools for text mining:
web spidering and HTML parsing, database management, simple tagger-
chunkers for English and Dutch, sentiment analysis, n-gram search
algorithms, vector space and corpus functions, clustering and
classification algorithms (Bayes, KNN, SVM, compiled libsvm binaries
are included) and a HTML5 canvas API to create interactive graphs and
charts in a web browser.

It doesn't have the latest state-of-the-art but the commands and
documentation are easy to use, making the software well-suited for
teaching and learning purposes. It has a BSD-license so there are no
restrictions.

I hope this is useful to some of you and please let us know if you
have any problems running the software.

Best regards,

Tom De Smedt
PhD student
Computational Linguistics Research Group
University of Antwerp