[Corpora-List] Corpora of Modern Khalkha Mongolian language: do they exist?

Mike Maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Tue Jan 3 01:46:52 UTC 2012

On 1/2/2012 7:50 PM, Сергей Крылов wrote:
> How can I ask a question whether there are any (available or simply
> existing) corpora of Modern Khalkha Mongolian language?

You might contact Kenneth Scannel (http://borel.slu.edu/index.html).
According to his listing at http://borel.slu.edu/crubadan/stadas.html,
he's collected 5,785,080 words of Mongolian off the web.  For copyright
reasons, I don't think he provides the texts themselves, but he might
provide links to the web pages, and you might be in a better position
than he would be to negotiate research rights with some of the publishers.
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
	"My definition of an interesting universe is
	one that has the capacity to study itself."
         --Stephen Eastmond