[Corpora-List] BNC dates

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Thu Jan 5 21:24:05 UTC 2012

Does anyone have information on the text dates of the BNC (dates of
publication or recording)? I have been parsing the headers and have
managed to find something approximating a believable date in
three-quarters of the texts, though surprised to see dates often not
logged at all though sometimes visible e.g in the title. Perhaps there
was at some time a log-file of some sort. Lou Burnard might know?

Reason for the request is I'm developing time-line facilities for
WordSmith 6. Grateful for information on BNC in particular but also
other well-established corpora.

Mike

--
Mike Scott

***
If you publish research which uses WordSmith, do let me know so I can include it at
http://www.lexically.net/wordsmith/corpus_linguistics_links/papers_using_wordsmith.htm
***
Aston University and Lexical Analysis Software Ltd.
mike at lexically.net
www.lexically.net