[Corpora-List] Post-doc position in Social Media Analysis & Data Mining at HRL Laboratories, LLC

David Jurgens david.jurgens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 22:52:31 UTC 2012

   - Employer: HRL Laboratories, LLC
   - Job Title: POST DOC RESEARCH STAFF - Social Media Analysis & Data
   Mining
   - Location: Malibu, CA
   - Deadline: Open until filled
   - Date Posted: 26-Jan-2012
   - Contact email: hmoon at hrl.com

HRL Laboratories, LLC. (http://www.hrl.com) has openings for a postdoctoral
researcher position in the area of social media analysis / data mining. HRL
laboratories is one of the most innovative research organizations in
industry. Overlooking the pacific ocean in the hills above Malibu,
California, our beautiful surroundings are matched by our capabilities and
commitment to being a world-class research and development lab. We
collaborate with top researchers in academia to advance the fields of
information and systems sciences, sensors and materials, applied
electromagnetics, and microelectronics. Please visit
http://www.hrl.com/careers/cars_jobs.html for more information. For job
considerations, please send your cover letter and CV to hmoon at hrl.com.

Job Description:

EDUCATION DESIRED: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, EE or related
fields

ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Primary job function is to apply statistical data
analysis and text processing techniques to problems and applications in
data mining. Tasks will include the development, simulation, evaluation,
and implementation of algorithms and models. Additional job functions
include solving customer problems, writing invention disclosures,
publishing papers, briefing customers, and assisting in marketing HRL
expertise.

EXPERIENCE DESIRED: Research experience in one or more of the following
areas: Text processing, sentiment analysis, data mining, web & social media
processing, large-scale data processing, and machine learning. Experience
developing innovative solutions based upon the application of relevant
research results from a wide variety of sources.

KNOWLEDGE DESIRED: Background in one or more of the following areas:
natural language processing, social network analysis, statistical analysis,
data mining, strong programming skills, particularly proficient with C/C++,
Java, R and/or Matlab. Experience with MapReduce or Hadoop, and proficiency
in Spanish/Portuguese language is a plus.

ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Good communication (verbal and
written) skills, active participation in R&D team activities is required.
Able and willing to occasionally travel.

SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. driver’s license, special tools or
restrictions): U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required.

We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.