[Corpora-List] Anything resembling TPC benchmarks for corpora?

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Fri Jul 6 06:15:28 UTC 2012

Albretch,

I just wrote up one perspective on corpus comparison, see

Getting to know your
corpus<http://trac.sketchengine.co.uk/attachment/wiki/AK/Papers/Kilgarriff_TSD2012.pdf?format=raw>
 [image: Download] To appear* **in: Proc. Text, Speech, Dialogue (TSD 2012)*
*
*
(Note: this is about the corpora themselves, not the software or the
markup.  It's about what we ought to think about, as opposed to what people
in the NLP community tend to think about :)   Your questions mixed up the
three issues)

Adam

Adam Kilgarriff <http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/>
adam at lexmasterclass.com
Director                                    Lexical Computing
Ltd<http://www.sketchengine.co.uk/>

Visiting Research Fellow                 University of
Leeds<http://leeds.ac.uk>

*Corpora for all* with the Sketch Engine <http://www.sketchengine.co.uk>

                        *DANTE: a lexical database for
English<http://www.webdante.com>