[Corpora-List] Anything resembling TPC benchmarks for corpora?

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:47:42 UTC 2012

 Anil et al,
~
 I recently finished reading a number of seminal papers on corpus
linguistics going as far back as the early 1960's (ISBN-10:
082648803X) and, basically, those questions are implicitly (not that
"implicitly"), as well as very explicitly aired throughout the book.
~
 When we talk about "corpora" it doesn't seem that we are talking from
the same referent paradigm.
~
 Also the DBMS community dealt with their particular issues. I am old
enough to remember how much of a deal bitwise addressing was. I don't
have to deal with storage capacity or computing power, yet, at some
point, we will have to start making sense. Computers won't do that for
us.
~
 lbrtchx