[Corpora-List] NRC word-emotion association lexicon

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:49:43 UTC 2012

> The lexicon is a list of English words and their associations with eight emotions (anger, fear, anticipation, trust, surprise, sadness, joy, and disgust) and two sentiments (negative and positive).
~
 and the rational behind the selection of those eight emotions is?
~
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrasting_and_categorization_of_emotions
~
 and what can you do with your device? I don't believe in
"Artificial/Computational Intelligence", "Turks" and such things (we
have already had such discussions here). Nor do I believe that
"Genders Differ on Emotional Axes" and/or the extent they do defines
anything/is exploitable in a fundamental way. My mother is very
feminine and was (and still is) one of the toughest persons I have
ever met in my life. Now if you define "being tough" as walking around
with a gun or on cowboy boots I am sure you could philosophize around
it ...
~
 lbrtchx