[Corpora-List] Open Source Morphology for Fr, It, Es, De

Cerstin Mahlow cerstin.mahlow at unibas.ch
Fri Jun 15 10:27:31 UTC 2012

Adam,

> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:13:39 +0100
>
> We are looking for open source morphological lexicons (or processors with
> high-accuracy morphology inside) for French, Italian, Spanish, German,
> which support the production of <word form, lemma> pairs (inflectional
> morphology only).   All leads gratefully received. (We're aware of
> freeling.)

My answer might be a bit late.  For Spanish, have a look at SMM
(Spanish Malaga Morphology) <http://mahlow.ch/smm/>

Lexicon and rules are available as Open Source.  For further questions
don't hesitate to contact me directly.

The underlying framework Malaga allows the production of inflectional
paradigms as described briefly in Mahlow/Piotrowski 2009
<http://www.gelbukh.com/polibits/2009_39/39_06.pdf>.  However, it
needs some scripting (I can help with that) and unfortunately some
time---which might be OK if you need it for batch processing, but is a
big minus for interactive use.

Best regards

Cerstin

--
Dr. phil. Cerstin Mahlow

Universität Basel
Departement Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften
Fachbereich Deutsche Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaft
Nadelberg 4
4051 Basel
Schweiz

Tel:  +41 61 267 07 65