[Corpora-List] META-FORUM 2012 - FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

John Judge jjudge at computing.dcu.ie
Thu Jun 14 11:34:36 UTC 2012

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

META-FORUM 2012: A Strategy for Multilingual Europe
June 20/21, Brussels, Belgium http://www.meta-forum.eu
Last remaining places - REGISTER NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!

*FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION *

What would Europe be without its languages? The rich multiculturalism of
Europe is synonymous not just with its many peoples, but with the
languages they speak. These languages are precious assets which, in the
modern Information Society need to be preserved, promoted and enabled
through Language Technologies.

Through a focused and concerted effort the META-NET initiative
(http://www.meta-net.eu) is working to promote Language Technologies as
a means to turn Europe's linguistic diversity into Europe's linguistic
opportunity.

You are invited to learn more about this work, to become actively
involved and to represent your business/industry's view at META-FORUM
2012: A Strategy for Multilingual Europe, June 20/21 2012 in Brussels,
Belgium, http://www.meta-forum.eu.

*Highlights *

The programme is attached and with a broad range of topics and high
level speakers from industry, administration and research there's
something on the agenda for everyone. Any last minute additions and
changes will be published here
http://www.meta-net.eu/events/meta-forum-2012/programme . The programme
includes presentations and panel discussions with representatives of
Google, EFNIL, BBC, Airbus, several national language bodies (Germany,
Malta, Estonia, Norway, Lithuania), the European Commission, among
others. Research presentations give an overview of the current state of
multilingual Language Technology in Europe. META-NET's open resource
exchange facility META-SHARE and a Strategic Research Agenda (SRA) for
multilingual Europe will be presented. The SRA for European LT will be
of utmost importance in laying the foundation for the next decade of
funding on the national and international level, especially with regard
to the final stages of FP7 and the next Framework Programme starting in
2014.
*
*
*FREE REGISTRATION *

Registration for META-FORUM 2012 is *free*, but online pre-registration
at http://www.meta-net.eu/events/meta-forum-2012/registration is
essential. *Places are limited and demand is high so please act now to
secure your place at META-FORUM*

Help shape the future of multilingual Europe at META-FORUM 2012. As
Europeans, we must ask ourselves what would we be without our languages?
Have your say at META-FORUM 2012: A Strategy for Multilingual Europe.

We're convinced that META-FORUM 2012 will mark a cornerstone both for
Multilingual Europe and for the European LT landscape and we look
forward to seeing you in Brussels!

John
--
Dr. John Judge