[Corpora-List] Need help with Twitter Corpus

Christine Amling chamling at students.uni-mainz.de
Tue Jun 19 08:37:58 UTC 2012

Hello everybody, I am in need of a computer linguist. I have a 700.000
words large Twitter corpus that was automatically assembled by streaming
the public Twitter Statuses and afterwards automatically searched for
English-only tweets by taking the language code the users themselves
claimed to use. The problem is, that ca. 50% of the corpus are
non-English tweets which claim to be English tweets, so if I am doing a
statistic with that corpus the results will inevitably be flawed. Is
there another possibility to filter out the non-English Tweets
automatically, because I don't have the time to do it manually, it's
impossible.
If anybody wants to help me. The corpora can be downloaded here
<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9674510/christine2.txt> and here
<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9674510/neue_daten.txt>, they are simple txt
files. I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks in advance.
Christine