[Corpora-List] Tips for syntactically annotated corpora of child speech?

Tomaz Erjavec tomaz.erjavec at ijs.si
Tue Jun 19 11:47:41 UTC 2012

Dear all,
I'm posting this on behalf of a student of mine - any tips gratefully received:

Dear All,
I am trying to use CHILDES to determine whether children acquire quantifiers in subject position before object position, but I am not sure whether I can use CHILDES to perform such a search. Does anyone know whether this sort of search is supported? I am finding it rather difficult to determine whether such a search is possible from reading the manual.
If anyone has any suggestions re an alternative corpus of spontaneous kid's speech that allows searching by subject/object with an easy-to-use concordancer, I would greatly appreciate hearing about it!
Best regards,
Calum Riach

--
Tomaž Erjavec, http://nl.ijs.si/et/
Dept. of Knowledge Technologies, Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana