[Corpora-List] How to visualise a dependency tree

Pontus Stenetorp pontus at stenetorp.se
Fri Jun 22 09:43:38 UTC 2012

Everyone,

On 22 June 2012 17:23, Michele Filannino
<michele.filannino at cs.manchester.ac.uk> wrote:

> I received lots of suggestion most of them privately.

Sorry to chime in a bit late, brat is currently used by at least one
external project to annotate dependencies and can consequently also be
used for visualisation.

Dependency syntax example on the brat case-studies page:

    http://brat.nlplab.org/case-studies.html#dependency_syntax

A PNG image generated from visualisation of a full-document with
dependency annotations (big):

    http://brat.nlplab.org/case-studies/swedish_talbanken05_train.conll-doc-880-full.png

Conversion tools from CoNLL-X (and a few others if my memory serves me
right) can be found in the brat tools directory.

As a side-note, "What's Wrong With My NLP?" was actually one of the
biggest inspirations for the brat visualisation style.

Full disclosure, I am one of the authors and maintainers of brat.

Best regards,
    Pontus Stenetorp
    Ph.D. Candidate, University of Tokyo