[Corpora-List] Job: NLP Research Engineer (Cambridge, MA; USA)

David Murgatroyd dmurga at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 18 16:21:04 UTC 2012

Basis Technology is the leading provider of software solutions for multilingual text analytics, identity resolution, and digital forensics. The company’s solutions are used by leading technology companies and government organizations to improve the accuracy of information retrieval, text mining and other applications through advanced linguistics and digital forensics.

Natural Language Processing Research Engineer - Cambridge
Are you a talented research engineer who is ready to play a central role in the design and development of cutting edge natural language processing (NLP) technology? If so, Basis Technology would like to talk with you about our current opening for a Natural Language Processing Research Engineer on our research team. If you thrive both on understanding and advancing text analysis research and on helping to develop that work into mission critical systems, then you are our ideal candidate.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
	* Design, train, and evaluate statistical models for text analysis
	* Implement productizeable Java following principles of software engineering
	* Collaborate with an Agile team to research new ideas
Qualifications
	* Master's degree or Ph.D. in relevant subject area (e.g., computational linguistics, machine learning, information retrieval)
	* 1-3 years programming experience in Java or C/C++ or similar object-oriented language
	* 1-3 years working with NLP / Computational Linguistics / Machine Learning
	* Knowledge of Python or a similar language
	* Able and willing to absorb new information quickly and switch gears easily
	* Excitement for elegant ideas and high-quality implementations
	* Familiarity with Mahout, Hadoop, and other distributed computing tools is a plus
How to Apply
Please send resumes and inquiries to: jobs-eng at basistech.com with “Natural Language Processing Research Engineer” in the subject line.