[Corpora-List] Sinotibetan phologeny

Matías Guzmán mortem.dei at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 22:16:31 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I was looking for papers on a cladistic analysis of the sino-tibetan
family, specially studies that take into account morphological and
phonological features rather than vocabulary lists, but I couldn't find
any. There is a lot of discussion among sinologist and linguists who do
qualitative work with these languages about how they should be grouped
together, and I would like to know if there is any quantitative evidence on
the case. I would also appreciate it if anyone could suggest me books that
explain these methodologies, so far I've only come across a couple of
examples in Analysing Linguistic Data from Baayen, and I wouldn't feel too
confident using them for my own research.

Thanks a lot.

Matías Guzmán Naranjo