[Corpora-List] PostDoc position applying Statistical NLP to Software Engineering

Prem Devanbu devanbu at cs.ucdavis.edu
Mon Oct 8 04:39:37 UTC 2012

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral scholar position at the
Computer Science department at the University of California, Davis,
working with Profs. Prem Devanbu and Zhendong Su.

Recent work at UC Davis has shown that large software corpora exhibit some of the
same kinds of statistical regularities observed in large natural language corpora.
We now seek to exploit these regularities, using methods adapted
from statistical natural language processing,  to improve the performance
of software engineering tools for code completion, code retrieval, code
summarization, and static analysis, as well as to use statistical models
of code for search-based software engineering (SBSE) applications.

Our ideal candidate is someone with a PhD thesis in the area of statistical natural
language processing, and a keen interest in improving software development
environments. Qualified candidates are encouraged to contact Prem Devanbu
(devanbu at cs.ucdavis.edu).

This is a one-year position, which we expect will be extended to 2 or more years.
The position is at the UC campus in Davis, California. Davis is a pleasant
college town near Sacramento, with a mild climate, and easy access to the Sierras, the Pacific
coast, and San Francisco.

Prem Devanbu
Professor, Computer Science
UC Davis