[Corpora-List] Is corpora of texts an object?

Yuri Tambovtsev yutamb at mail.ru
Mon Oct 8 12:18:52 UTC 2012

Dear corpora members, thanks a lot of your answers to yutamb at mail.ru  It is good that it stimulated discussion. I've got a second question: can one speak about some corpora of texts as an object? That is can we call this linguistic entity an object? If it is an object, then what methods can we apply to study how homogeneous this object is? Can can we measure that Dickens corpora is more homogeneous or less homogeneous than Hemingway corpora by some cognitive feature? For instance the use of colour terms? Can we call it a cognitive feature? Looking forward to hearing to my e-mail address yutamb at mail.ru  Be well, sincerely yours Yuri Tambovtsev, Novosibirsk, Russia