[Corpora-List] What is corpora and what is not?

Laurence Anthony anthony0122 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 08:02:50 UTC 2012

Ken

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM, Ken Litkowski <ken at clres.com> wrote:
> Despite calling myself a computational lexicologist (and being rather old),
> I ain't never yet communicated precisely and/or concisely.

You just did! Your use of the term "computational lexicologist" was
very precise and concise. If you had tried to explain your research
specialization without this term, minimally, you would have needed
many more words to do it (i.e., less concise). That's the beauty of
words. We have a shared understanding of their meaning and so we can
communicate with each other very concisely and precisely using them.
We just need to be careful (sometimes) that the words we use really do
have a shared meaning. Otherwise, we end up with miscommunication.

Laurence.

(I think I should shut up now. As always, I've ended up saying much
more than I intended when I submitted my original post a few days
back).