[Corpora-List] How to create a corpus

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 11:37:08 UTC 2012

Hi

I think you need to:

a) consider copyright issues, if you intend to use the corpus for commercial purposes

b) select your textbooks

c) decide which parts of the textbooks you want to analyse linguistically

d) obtain the textbooks in electronic form if possible (if not, you will have to get (the parts you want to analyse) scanned/edited or keyboarded)

e) convert the selected parts of the electronic files to plain text

f) launch Wordsmith, select the files, and you can generate word frequency lists,

concordances, collocation profiles, keywords, etc

best

Ramesh